Tensorflight is developing an AI building inspector. We conduct research in computer vision focused on the applications in the insurance industry, one of the largest in the world in terms of capital. We are a high-potential startup backed by leading NY, Silicon Valley, Bermuda, and Australian investors from Fortune 500, including insurance industry leaders like QBE, Markel Insurance, and highly respected insurance partners like Nephila and Hudson Structured. Today, our clients include the top 2 out of the leading 5 biggest commercial carriers in the world like Zurich Insurance and a few more from S&P500. We are speeding up processes from days to seconds. The team consists of ex-Googlers, PhDs, and Computer Vision world experts. We present at conferences, publish papers and submit patents.
Tensorflight is also a group of creative and curious people who passionately move this project forward. We have a friendly and open-minded startup atmosphere and we’re all united by a culture rooted in trust and authenticity. Our teams are led by talented and dynamic leaders whose care and integrity brought the whole organization to the path to success.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Tensorflight is building a technological product that revolutionizes the property insurance industry. Our property data platform helps underwriters and decision-makers reduce risk and cost, in some cases 100-fold, and make better choices in an increasingly competitive environment.
We automate the remote inspection of commercial, residential and industrial buildings using aerial, satellite, and ground-level images. Our system combines derived data with geospatial information and public records to unlock valuable insight about buildings and properties such as replacement value, construction type, or roof characteristics (over 40 data points total).
Our system is analyzing tens of thousands of buildings per day (millions to date) and the usage grows exponentially.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- You will be solving intriguing challenges, many related to improving the scalability and latency of our system (identifying bottlenecks, looking for the best way to resolve them, and designing new features with scalability in mind).
- You will be designing algorithms for processing/analyzing geospatial data in an efficient way.
- You will be working in close cooperation with the frontend engineers to develop new features in our web application.
- You will be integrating new imagery, data sources, and models developed by our ML team.
- You will be redesigning and reimplementing some legacy components of the system.
- You will join an excellent team of engineers where most of the team members are ex-Googlers, MIM graduates, or laureates of algorithmic competitions.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position;
- Familiarity with Python and Docker;
- Fluency in Linux operating system;
- Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, and Big O notation; Ability to design algorithms to solve basic geometric problems;
- Experience in working with relational database (e.g. Postgres), ability to troubleshoot and optimize SQL queries;
- Good coding practices, ability to write clean, secure, scalable, and maintainable code;
- Fluency in writing good unit and integration tests (experience with TDD is a plus);
- Familiarity with the performance of web applications;
- Experience working with the code versioning system (Git);
- Ability to clearly communicate, create design documents, and document the code;
- Keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise;
- Communicative English;
- Self-driven attitude, independence, and self-management;
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with the GCP stack is a big plus
- Experience with infrastructure based on microservices
- Experience in working with Kubernetes
- Experience with geospatial data / GIS systems is a big plus (PostGIS, Shapely, GDAL, GeoPandas, etc)
- Successes in algorithmic competitions
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Flexible working hours, hybrid workplace;
- Private health care and multisport fitness card;
- Daily lunches in the office;
- Integration events;
- International team and startup atmosphere;
- A world-class team of engineers and computer vision experts;
- Personal development – conferences, courses, etc.;
- Many challenges and opportunities for growth;
- Office in Powiśle, Warsaw.
1. First phonecall
2. HR Interview
3. Tech Interview – solving programming problem + meeting with team members
4. Final Interview
5. Welcome on board!